Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Paid in Swimsuits

I figured it was high time for an update on the goings on in my life.  Well, a few weeks ago I had a lovely albeit semi-stressful visit from my big sister Brittney.  She came down to Phoenix for work for 3 days.  She is a district manager for a clothing designer with an online company and they wanted to open up kiosks at Costcos around the valley.  I volunteered to help on the Friday of her visit not really knowing what it all would entail.  It turned out to be a bit of a nightmare for my sweet sis who handled it all with grace.  They hired shippers, in charge of getting the racks full of swimsuits to the Costcos, who were late and when they finally arrived the racks were a complete and total mess. Swimsuits were everywhere, huge piles stuffed inside the racks with the hangers all intertwined.  Its hard to give a a clear picture of how bad they were.  We had the racks put out on the store floor but weren't at all ready for the store to open...but open it did.  We spent the next 4 and a half hours while customers flowed in straightening, putting things in order, and talking to customers.  After our work day here ended we headed to another Costco to untangle another set of racks.  It was a long 13 hour day and by the end of it I didn't want to see another swimsuit again.  My payment for the long and eventful day...a swimsuit.  Turns out my grudge with swimsuits is now over and I love my very girly pink polk-a-dot suit.  Thanks Brit!

1 comment:

  1. This weekend was H$%# !!! If it hadn't been for you i would have seriously died, really. You were a huge help and blessing. I mean can you imagine how many hours i would have stayed there untangling swimsuits for hours on my own? UGHHHH It was a nightmare BUT luckily you were there not only to save me but to help me enjoy my time there. You were the only good thing to come from that weekend (except for some time with Jeff, our random country restaurant, good will shoe shopping, and crazy Mexicans....haha) Seriously thank you so much. One swim suit could NEVER be enough payment for what you help me through so expect another surprise in the mail soon. I LOVE YA SIS!....and may we have many more adventures to come together (BUT DIFFERENT THAN THIS)haha ...Brit

    ReplyDelete